A sharp twist on a Tommy's Margarita (another favourite of Lola’s) balanced by the savoury and spicy notes of freshly cracked black pepper.
35ml El Rayo Reposado Tequila
25ml Lime juice
12.5ml Agave syrup
50ml Pineapple puree (blitz one pineapple, peeled and cored with 100ml of pineapple juice)
8 Turns of black pepper Garnish Black pepper and small pineapple leaves.
1. Prepare your bar with ice and measuring jigger, carefully put your glasses in the freezer
2. Add all ingredients to your shaker*
3. Dry shake - shake hard and fast with no ice too aerate the pineapple into a froth
4. Add ice and shake again - HARD for approx 30 seconds
5. Strain through a fine strainer into a chilled coupe
6. Garnish with cracked black pepper and two pineapple leaves on the rim and serve
*Top tip for frothy cocktails - remove the spring from your strainer and stick it in your shaker, this will help build a firm yet supple foam and mouthfeel.